FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D7100 question

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Rehm
Nikon D7100 question
on Apr 1, 2013 at 10:49:30 pm

hello,
I have heard that the new D7100 has a clean HDMI output - does anyone have a solid confirmation on this?

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
Re: Nikon D7100 question
on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:19:12 pm

Hi David, a snippet from the Nikonian's forum on DSLR Video.

This user, had a slight learning curve although he is generally well versed for Nikon video on the iterations, D800 etc.

He did purchase the D7100 specifically for the HDMI out and 30FPS at 1080P.

"I nearly gave up on the new D7100.

I just now found the "trick" by hitting the info button just to see what was displayed in Video mode with Live View activated.

That removed all the camera information from the external monitor and put it on the camera LCD.

If you push the button enough times, it will cycle thru the displays.
What you get on the external monitor is what is recorded.

This works the same in DX or 1/3 crop. And the image fills 100% of the external monitor screen.

I can now record 1080P at 30fps with my HyperDeck Shuttle II uninterrupted for two hours with my external Anker battery pack, before the In-camera battery dies.

That could probably be extended with a battery grip.

And after downloading the DNxHD codecs from AVID I can burn a DVD for TV in less than one hour with PowerDirector 11"

Thread here: http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=402&topic_i...

Parts of his discussions about the codec etc. are on other threads in that forum.

Have fun,

Rob

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on Apr 3, 2013 at 12:30:08 am

Thanks! I think I would like to get this camera.

David

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:26:20 am

What are your needs, goals?

The Nikon folks (arguably) have the better dynamic range.

Canon, has the cachet and Technicolor profiles but the MK3 is slightly softer than the D800 Nikon.

Sony's A99 does better than either Canon or Nikon for motion tracking.

They all have advantages but I use Nikons, I own a dozen plus lenses so I'm not jumping anytime soon because my DP pal, will lend me his A99/Zeiss glass if need be.

The D7100 is a great camera, and since I have the D800, I'll sit out for a while.

BTW one of the Nikon guys bench tested the audio capture circuit on a newer camera and the op amp conversion is very robust. Likely used as well in the D7100.

Have fun,

Rob Manning

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]