FORUMS: list search recent posts

technicolor S curve file

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
technicolor S curve file
on Apr 1, 2013 at 6:51:11 pm

Does anyone know of a place I can download the Technicolor Cinestyle LUT file that used to be available on the technicolor website? They've opted out of offering it so you can only use the S curve through the color style program itself. I have LUT buddy and am looking to get hold of that S curve file Technecolor used to offer. thanks!

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: technicolor S curve file
on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:56:55 pm

Maybe that's included with their new app you pay $99 for? Anyhow, I have a couple text files that I think are S-curves I downloaded about a year ago... what format do you need? I have a .MGA file (a text file which is a detailed list of curve points) for 3D and a plain text file (not as detailed). Since I've never used either (I make my own curves), you can have em. These are not mine so I can't make any promises.

5758_scurveforcinestyle.mga.zip

and

5759_scurveforcinestyle.txt.zip

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:26:14 pm

Thanks. Yeah. Would love to have those. I actually don't know which will work in PPRO. But I have FCP7 and I believe the mga is the ticket?

The way technicolor has it set up now is you need to purchase Color Assist (which I did) but you can only use their curve within that program. I was thinking of using Davinci Resolve as it has a couple LUTs that work great. But for smaller DSLR projects that don't require major color ... like doing a round-trip, etc. I wanted to use LUT buddy and just import the curves within FCP7 or PPro.

Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:26:37 pm

BTW THANKS!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:30:05 pm

Yeah, my machine always wants to treat it like a Color file which makes sense, but I find Color to be a bit of a pain unless you have a control surface (which I don't). I'm not totally sure where to use the s-curve in AE or FCP. Let me know if you find out. ;)

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:41:02 pm

Yeah. Well if you download LUT Buddy free from Red Giant. One you are in FCP7 - haven't tried using PPro with it yet - You drag LUT Buddy plugin onto your clips that were recorded in cinestyle profile and then open that plugin within the clip and import the S curve file you gave me.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Apr 2, 2013 at 9:12:01 pm

Okay just did more or less the same thing in After Effects. Works great. Now I know and I feel really silly for not trying it before. ;)

Then again, I've always had to edit everything cuz the colors always look a hair off, but that's me. Thanks for the reply! :)

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Apr 2, 2013 at 9:14:20 pm

no problem! Thanks for the file. Yeah that just gets you back from flat. You can then do whatever colorization on it you'd like. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]