FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony A57 Question

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Lancaster
Sony A57 Question
on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:23:49 pm

Hey all,

I don't know how many of you here have experience with the Sony Alpha Series DSLRs...BUT I've recently ran into a rather large problem with the mechanics of the A57 and was wondering if anyone could help me out..

The Manual Movie mode function on the camera does not allow me to autofocus! I want to manually adjust shutter speed and exposure without being stuck with manual focus all the time! I called sony and the rep had no idea what I was talking about! I know the shooting modes shouldn't be connected to the focus functions of DSLRS. Is Sony the exception?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ryan

Return to posts index

Rob Manning
Re: Sony A57 Question
on Mar 28, 2013 at 7:20:15 pm

Hi,

In manual mode on Nikons, that means using the focus ring to adjust the image. I'm sure it is the same for Sony. You should be able to set shutter speed and exposure and lock them with AF/AE buttons or a preset in the sub menu, then go back to AF mode.

The shutter speed, is determined in the menu as well, changing that during record has no effect on the capture frame rate, other than affecting the light. The footage is limited to the settings you use in movie choices.

This is for the D800/D7000 bodies, but I am willing to bet the same goes for the A57 and A99.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]