FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommendation: a "Tablet" device as video camera

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph Chaney
Recommendation: a "Tablet" device as video camera
on Mar 12, 2013 at 7:05:15 pm

Greetings,

Can anyone suggest a good tablet device for shooting video?

Interested in both quality and ease of use, like easy to get material off of the thing and card slots for memory...

I've got a client who wants to equip some staff to shoot video of some of their outreach events. They have their reasons to go with a tablet instead of a dedicated video camera.

Thanks!

-> Ralph

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Recommendation: a "Tablet" device as video camera
on Mar 14, 2013 at 2:28:38 pm

Is this tablet device video going to be used for anything professional, such as on a website, DVD, or other public distribution? If shaky looking footage, with lots of noise in low-light situations, and lack of control over lensing and shutter are ok, then I would suggest either an iPad mini, or a Blackberry Playbook. The Playbook has mini-HDMI out, so that's a plus over the iPad mini...Playbook doesn't have cards - internal memory only, but very easy to transfer to a desktop via wi-fi. I have the 32GB Playbook, and its video quality is very good. Here's a feature by feature comparison:

http://n4bb.com/ipad-mini-blackberry-playbook-specs-battle/

I would say that the Playbook wins because of the rapid charge capability, more memory, true multi-tasking, and the features of a real business-class machine (if you're using Blackberry phones, that is).

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Mar 19, 2013 at 4:14:14 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy S-III. They just announced the Galaxy S-4 with a 13 megapixel camera.

The video is great and it's a great phone. This would give them the best of all worlds. You can also install a mini SD card.

It's better than the Tablet's out there.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

Ralph Chaney
on Mar 20, 2013 at 2:50:10 pm

Thank you Joseph and Brent,

Yes, the footage will be used as "reportage" of different cultural community cultural events in around San Diego. Footage will not have pro presentation unless what they get "behind the scenes" is really terrific.

Will check out your recommendations.

Thanks!
-Ralph

-> Ralph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]