FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rock-solid stabilizer / glider setup for a light Panasonic GH3?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Lin
Rock-solid stabilizer / glider setup for a light Panasonic GH3?
on Feb 19, 2013 at 11:39:43 pm

Hello,

We shoot real estate videos with a light Panasonic GH3 which means our shots cannot have ANY rocking back and forth as we move through the house. Which setup is more stable and much more forgiving of getting knocked out of balance from operator error:

1. HD1000 + Panasonic GH3 + vest/arm

2. HD4000 + Panasonic GH3 + a lot of added weight plates under the camera + vest/arm

My thought is that #2 would be far more stable because even if both of these setups are perfectly balanced, the added mass and distance from the center of pivot would make #2 more resistant to rocking. Can you please confirm?

I need it to be at least as stable as this:

3245 Bryant Tour

http://paulkellermedia.com/video.html

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Rock-solid stabilizer / glider setup for a light Panasonic GH3?
on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:06:59 pm

In that sample video, it looks like they are using a slider for at least some of those shots. One shot was slowed down to either stretch it out or smooth it out. I would think a good tripod/head, plus a slider or compact dolly system would be all you need.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Gregory David
Re: Rock-solid stabilizer / glider setup for a light Panasonic GH3?
on Mar 16, 2013 at 6:11:07 pm

Hi, I bought the 1000HD for a travel kit because it is so small and light. I use a 5D with WA prime on on it and for my purposes it works great but it needs a very light touch for rotational changes and because of it's relatively low mass I think there is more friction in the gimbal movement, so it's very sensitive. I also find that to get no rock at all, the swing time is set around 2.7 secs which is pretty slow. Even more sensitive. the 4000 may be overkill for the GH3 though, maybe try out the 2000?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]