FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will the Uncompressed HDMI output from Canon Mrk111 (firmware upgrade coming) give better picture?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Shepherd
Will the Uncompressed HDMI output from Canon Mrk111 (firmware upgrade coming) give better picture?
on Dec 21, 2012 at 11:06:07 pm

In my previous thread I was asking why the Canon 5D Mark111's picture isn't as "sharp and detailed" as the Sony XDCAM or other 3 CCD cameras. In April of 2013 (why the hell won't they release it NOW?) Canon is offering a firmware update for the Mrk111 that with give a uncompressed signal out the HDMI port of the camera. Would the picture be visually improved if it was then recorded to 422 ProRes (on an external recorder) avoiding the H264 compression, or would the signal just look the same. I know the 422 ProRes picture would be more "robust" for green screen and FX, but would it have more resolution? 1000 lines?

Return to posts index

Joel Dalls
Re: Will the Uncompressed HDMI output from Canon Mrk111 (firmware upgrade coming) give better picture?
on Dec 22, 2012 at 3:15:22 pm

Uncompressed output will improve multi pass VFX especially green screen chroma keying (due to the reduction of artifacts in fine detail).

But as a general improvement, basically no...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]