Video shot on canon 7d and 60d, choppy in sony vegas, but not final cut pro

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Luongo
Video shot on canon 7d and 60d, choppy in sony vegas, but not final cut pro
on Dec 19, 2012 at 7:26:06 pm

Hi guys, i have a dilemma here, here is what's going on:

We shot a video with a canon 7D, and three clips with a canon 60d,

Sat down with an editor yesterday, who didnt pro-res the files for final cut pro, and just rendered the raw h264 files, now we have a deadline and I'm left to do audio, he rendered the copy of the video and gave it to me my hope was that: I would be able to open it up in sony vegas pro 11, and edit it, however the video is very choppy and the audio is laggy, I'm not sure what to do here? Im trying to convert the master copy to a .avi now via a converter I found.

essentially: I need the playback in vegas to be smooth so I can edit properly, I have a master copy in .mov, but the files were edited in FCP 7 as raw h264s, never pro-rezzed.

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Video shot on canon 7d and 60d, choppy in sony vegas, but not final cut pro
on Dec 23, 2012 at 10:52:51 am

It sounds as if you need to open whatever you've been given in Vegas, then immediately render a lower-res version in a format you know you can play back in Vegas. Make your audio mix with that. When finished render / export the audio, re-open the master and replace audio with your new audio. Render your master in your output format, and play back on a machine that meets your playback requirement and can play it back smoothly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]