FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layback to SD cards for .mov playback of HD with Canon 5D Mark111 --- Fiscal Cliff End of World

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Shepherd
Layback to SD cards for .mov playback of HD with Canon 5D Mark111 --- Fiscal Cliff End of World
on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:24:03 pm

Hello out there in Cowville. Hope all the Cows survive the end of the world on 12/12 and then the fall Off the cliff" on Jan 1. Tough times for cows... Anyway I want to use my Canon 5DMark111 as a "playback" deck to view HD clips that I have edited in FCP 7 using the HDMI cable going into to Flat screen. It works great with the ORIGINAL recoded H264 MOV clip on the SD card, but when I "layback" edit clips back to the SD card and try to play in back through the Canon, it say "no images" on the card. What am I doing wrong? Is H264 for the original camera, different from the H264 from the edited clip. My workflow is taking the original H264, making it into PRORES LT for editing in FCP7, then exporting the clip back to H264 and dumping it on the SD card for the Canon (.mov). Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
Re: Layback to SD cards for .mov playback of HD with Canon 5D Mark111 --- Fiscal Cliff End of World
on Dec 13, 2012 at 3:49:39 pm

I'm not sure of the exact file structure, but it's not a media player. If it's not the original file structure, it doesn't recognize it.

Why not just play it from your laptop?

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

Mark Shepherd
Re: Layback to SD cards for .mov playback of HD with Canon 5D Mark111 --- Fiscal Cliff End of World
on Dec 13, 2012 at 5:24:06 pm

Thanks for your input.
The original file structure is H264. Here is an example on the exact quicktime file, FZ5A0320.MOV Yes the camera IS a media player. I play its H264 quicktime files through its HDMI port to the big screen and it looks great. I don't want to use my laptop because it doesn't have a HDMI port and if I use a conversion cable, it does not include sound.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]