FORUMS: list search recent posts

omit certain file types from appearing in CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott tupper
omit certain file types from appearing in CatDV
on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:37:27 pm

Does anyone have experience when cataloging media from FCS apps?
Since I need to import all file types e.g. html, doc and such my question is how can we "hide" all of those little files that make up a single .stap file or a DVD Studio project? Am I to use filters and hide them that way? Just way to many files to look at.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: omit certain file types from appearing in CatDV
on Apr 22, 2011 at 2:52:09 am

In the client or desktop you can easily sort by format or type in a catalog. On the server side the Worker Node is particularly well suited to doing this with watch folders. Here is a screen shot of the conditions tab of the Worker Node. You can layer these watch actions and use variables as well. Great way to send files around or simply catalog them differently.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Apr 22, 2011 at 7:02:00 am

The filtering in the Worker Node will ignore files or pick them up, but I believe you're talking about files that appear as one thing, but in fact, are a collection or package of files. If that's the case, read on, if not, apologies.

It's a mixed bag. There are some kinds of files you can just import without parsing. (check the prefs to turn things on and off) I had to do that just today with a client who wanted to import an OMF but not all the files that made it up. (yes, CatDV will find them all)

Other than that, there are just some types of things that don't import well. The "file as a package" thing that Apple does can be problematic. Filtering and hiding helps but I've not really ever liked that either.

Start with turning off the parsing under "Advanced Media Handling" in the prefs and see if that cleans up your imports. Because CatDV can see the files in the file, so to speak, that can work against it but if it's a specific file type, maybe it's something we could get Rolf to look at. XDCAM and P2 were once the same way and now they import nicely as metaclips.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

scott tupper
on Apr 22, 2011 at 4:06:06 pm

Thanks guys. Until I can get Worker up and running I will give the parsing option a try.
Yes I hate "package" type files as well.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Apr 22, 2011 at 7:36:24 pm

You can also make a "metaclip", the CatDV term for combining all the assets from a P2 contents folder for example as one asset. To make your own simply select say x number of assets you want to combine and apply convert to metaclip under the tools menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]