FORUMS: list search recent posts

TC and Tape with Movie export

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
TC and Tape with Movie export
on Jan 27, 2010 at 5:49:49 pm

This is similar to the consolidate question below: I have a bunch of DSLR movies I'm renaming and assigning Tape/Reel IDs to in CatDV. When I export a ref movie the Tape/Reel does not get embedded in the movie. Ideally I'd like additions, or changes, to Tape/Reel and TC made in a catalog to come across with exported movies.

I understand CatDV will never alter the original but I'd like to "fix" media that does not have reel or TC by exporting new movies.

Thanks
John Heagy

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: TC and Tape with Movie export
on Jan 27, 2010 at 6:26:25 pm

Dear John
look at my previous post about Export Movies and look at the batch options and then further to EXTRA tracks and even further to ANNOTATIONS you can embed all of these values into the QTIME movie . Exactly what DSLR are you using.. check the format of the movie in CATDV to see what format it reports.

Cheers

Kevin Duggan
CatDV

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Jan 27, 2010 at 9:22:05 pm

Hi Kevin and Rolf,

Thanks for the quick response.

Bingo! That did the trick! it's both a way to change the TC from 00:00... and to assign the Tape/Reel via folder/bun or whatever criteria one chooses via bulk edit.

The DSLR is a Canon EOS D1 MkIV and the files are 1080p, 23.98, H.264 .mov They, like any consumer device, lack TC and Tape/Reel.

Some way to assign ascending and unique TC to these clips would be great. As Rolf knows we depend on Reel and TC so we'd like to pound these square peg files into our round hole workflow when they pop up. I made a sequence of a few and this allows me to export the clips as one file with TC but does not assign Tape/Reel.

Is there a way to make a sequence of a group of clips... assign TC & Tape... then export as individual clips?

Thanks
John Heagy

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jan 27, 2010 at 8:05:03 pm

If you check the 'Add timecode track' option under Extra Tracks it will add a timecode track to exported reference movies. To adjust the timecode, use Tools > Apply Timecode Offset (you can't just edit the In point: that trims a clip but doesn't change the start timecode).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]