FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capture Plus 2.2 windows fatal error

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dane Chester
Live Capture Plus 2.2 windows fatal error
on Feb 27, 2011 at 1:37:22 am

Hi,
Alright this is my first post so sorry if this was posted before but I'm desperate at this point and need help. I recently was promoted to a video postion in which I am video coordiantor for a football team. Due to the budget we cannot afford top sports software such as DSV Sport or DV sport. The main reason I need a program like this is I need to live capture the plays and control the live capture with the camcorders (which are just two mini dv sony handycams via firewire). After spending 4 straight days of researching I found Live Capture Plus which allows me to make clips with the live capture by simply pressing the record button and end the clip by hitting the record button again. What I also loved was the ability to save the clips in different formats besides .dv

The Problem,
I downloaded the demo on my mac, and tested it. It worked flawlessly and was amazed that it did everything I needed it too. However when I tested it on my PC, as soon as I would power up my camcorder in the program it would automatically quit Live Capture Plus. I have emailed the company several days ago but haven't heard a response. I have tried different operating systems on my computer to try and fix it (XP sp2, XP sp 3 and Windows 7) all with the same result. I have the same error text file pop up in the same folder as the program. The top reds
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6ae16532, pid=2472, tid=2080
#
# JRE version: 6.0_24-b07
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (19.1-b02 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [QuickTimeAuthoring.qtx+0x76532]

(If you need the rest I can post it).

Is there anyway to fix this? If anyone knows of how to resolve this I'd be greatful. I'd love to use this program as it would literally save me hours of time everyday I'd Live capture. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Live Capture Plus 2.2 windows fatal error
on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:13:33 pm

Are you using the free trial on the PC? Or a licensed copy?

Return to posts index

Dane Chester
on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:34:23 pm

Just a trial, I would like to purchase it but I have to know it can work first.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:42:09 pm

Email me off list and I will get you a trial license to at least test the real thing!

matts@jbanda.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:05:09 am

We don't have a solution for this at this time I'm afraid. Some Windows machines seem to be missing or have an incompatible driver of some kind but we haven't tracked down the precise conditions under which the problem occurs yet. That's one of the reasons why we'd always encourage people to try out the software first before making a purchase.

Return to posts index

Dane Chester
on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:18:40 pm

Well thanks for the response, I guess I'll try and check the website every now and then for a new release. Thanks guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]