FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worker Node - parallelizing server queries

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yannick guillerm
Worker Node - parallelizing server queries
on Feb 14, 2011 at 10:06:02 pm

Hi,

I created a CatDV worker node watch action (type Server Query) that generates a clip XML file every time its status is changed to a specific value. The trigger is the clip status change to XXX.
Now in CatDV Pro I select 25 clips and change the status to XXX, and publish the catalog.

Thing is that the worker would treat them in sequence, generating an XML per clip.

I'm looking for a way in the Worker Node (script?) to do things in parallel, like being able to generate only one XML file for all those 25 assets.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

Yannick

Yannick Guillerm
System Engineer
Atempo Inc
yannick.guillerm@atempo.com
650-812-3056

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Worker Node - parallelizing server queries
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:23:56 pm

The app allows you to export an index, but I'm not sure how the Worker would define that query as different from 25 separate ones.

Rolf, this would be a great feature request, if you could work out a way to define the list vs individual actions.

It could probably be scripted in the meantime, through a couple of steps, but that may or may not suit your use.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

yannick guillerm
on Feb 15, 2011 at 7:29:30 pm

Thanks Bryson,

I'd really like to know more about CatDV scripting. Were would I start?

Thanks.

Yannick

Yannick Guillerm
System Engineer
Atempo Inc
yannick.guillerm@atempo.com
650-812-3056

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Feb 22, 2011 at 1:08:32 am

Man, sorry to lag on this response.

As we spoke offline and you have a good start there, I though I'd post some general thoughts on this.

As far as starting out with scripting, there's not technically "CatDV Scripting". A lot of things are shell script-able, as long as you are willing to dig into XML and the other things under the hood. That's probably the hardest thing about this class of applications, (Asset Managers). You can "learn" to use CatDV but once you're there, you have to extend into so many other technologies that it can be overwhelming for someone who doesn't really want to "live" in this space.

You, as a developer, are in a good place to extend this system and really add some value. I look forward to what Atempo brings to this community. Let me know how I can be of service.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:52:14 am

Yes, it's something we'd like to look at, but would need a bit of thought about when to handle the batch as a single job or as separate files.

In the meantime, I've already been in touch with Yannick about an alternative approach using the forthcoming CatDV command line interface.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]