FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Import Error--How to resolve?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Broussard
CatDV Import Error--How to resolve?
on Feb 9, 2011 at 12:43:19 am

I just downloaded a trial version of CatDV Pro and dragged in a folder containing AVCHD assets from a Canon HF-S20. It imported 69 clips but failed to import one clip (#31). I tried to reimport via that setting in the contextual menu.... but I keep getting the same error which is:

MPEG (m2t,mpv,mpa,m2v etc.) File importer: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown file type

Thoughts about this?

Even better, thoughts about AVCHD workflow?

Thanks,

Robert

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: CatDV Import Error--How to resolve?
on Feb 9, 2011 at 7:43:38 pm

Clarify for me if you will, you're doing a bunch of the same file type and one doesn't work? Or is it a different file type?

Also, maybe check for corruption by bringing it into your editor too. Then we can see if it's a bad file or CatDV messing up.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Robert Broussard
on Feb 9, 2011 at 9:43:34 pm

[bryson jones] "Clarify for me if you will, you're doing a bunch of the same file type and one doesn't work? Or is it a different file type?
"

I did a bunch at one time and one failed... I think it was imported as Generic.

[bryson jones] "Also, maybe check for corruption by bringing it into your editor too. Then we can see if it's a bad file or CatDV messing up.
"

I'm able to bring this clip up in VLC.

BTW: can you help me to get the FFMPEG thingy installed so that I can view the Posterframes and see the video inside of CatDV???

Thanks,

Robert

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:08:57 am

I just realized that that, is a new feature for CatDV 9 I'm afraid. (I may have messed up by sending that link, apologies Rolf!)

But once it's released, of course, I'm sure it could be done. I've set up ffmpeg on an old version 7 iteration of the system (another version used to be in the code back then too).

And of course we can help, setting up CatDV systems is what we (and other folks on here) do. But best wait until it's tested and solid... and released. (oops)

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]