FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worker node - exclude a folder?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Nielsen
Worker node - exclude a folder?
on Feb 3, 2011 at 8:16:34 pm

We're currently evaluating CatDV Enterprise with worker nodes to possibly purchase. I've got the worker node scanning our networked projects folder and successfully adding the assets as I want it to, but I'm wondering if there is a way to exclude by folder name. So, if I don't want anything added to the catalog from any folder named "restored" can that be done? The reason is we end up restoring old assets often into a project and don't want to re-archive them or even input them into a catalog. I know it can exclude by file name or type, but I'm wanting it to skip over any folder named "Restored". I see this problem going away over time as our projects become CatDV centric, but for now I would just as soon not have these old assets in the catalogs.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Worker node - exclude a folder?
on Feb 3, 2011 at 10:57:59 pm

I'm not aware of folder exclusions, but perhaps Rolf can speak to it. (not a bad request, actually)

I will say that I'm sure there's a way around it but not knowing your system or workflow, it's hard to start. (and way too much to type!)

A short idea is that you let CatDV scan it, but set an action that if the "BIN" name or path contains "restored" it could go to a "recycle" bin instead of the one it gets picked up into. Again, just one idea.

I, myself, don't usually have the Worker scan a working directory. It's normally watching a folder and then moving the data into a structure while adding things to a catalog. Users drop into a "drop" and that gets filed away by CatDV. But in a big SAN I totally see why you're working that way.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Worker node - exclude a folder?
on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:30:18 am

Apologies for the long delay in responding but you should be able to do this using a regex filename exclusion pattern in the Conditions tab, something like

/restored/

to match for "restored" occurring anywhere in the path, or

.*/restored/[^/]*$

to exclude files only whose direct parent is "restored".

Quick regex tutorial: [xyz] matches characters inside the square bracks, ^ negates the match, * means any number of occurrences, . matches any character, and $ matches the end of the text string. So, that pattern says match anything followed by "/restored/" followed by any characters excluding "/" up to the end of the path name.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]