FORUMS: list search recent posts

“Delete Catalog" command in “browse catalogs"?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
warwick teale
“Delete Catalog" command in “browse catalogs"?
on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:40:16 am

Guys, I understand from the cat DV pro documentation (I'm currently on version 8.1.10) that there is a command specifically to remove an existing catalogue. From the documentation it appears there is something called Delete Catalog (US spelling of course) that are supposed to be available in the “Browse Catalogs" window.

However I Am unable to find this commend anywhere in the cat DV pro application. I don't even see in the menus anywhere.

Workaround: It's not a serious issue because I'm only going to the finder and remove the catalogues and their backups manually.

does is commend actually exist?.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: “Delete Catalog" command in “browse catalogs"?
on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:30:20 am

That could be a documentation error, or you could be getting confused with the Browse Database command which shows a list of catalogs on the server (if you're using CatDV with the CatDV Server). But you're right, you can just delete catalog files from the Finder.

By the way, we long since standardised on the American spelling of catalog because "cataloguing" just looks too weird!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: “Delete Catalog" command in “browse catalogs"?
on Dec 16, 2010 at 1:36:46 am

Rolf,

I still can't stop telling clients I'm going to "customise" a system for them. What do y'all have against Z's?

;)

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]