FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Tape Name Is Blank' Error Message(s)

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whitney Sickels
'Tape Name Is Blank' Error Message(s)
on Oct 20, 2010 at 10:04:00 am

Yesterday, I was working within a catalog, updating clip information. When I went to save/publish it told me it was unable to do so because the Tape Name was blank. Just so I could save it, I put "Untitled" in the Tape name on the Other tab and that worked.

Today, I tried to open a catalog (different catalog from the one I was in yesterday) and it says "Failed to open catalog (Tape name is blank)".

I've never entered Tape name information into any clip so I am puzzled as to why I am all of a sudden getting this problem.

Running on the server, version 8.1.6 Any help/insight is appreciated. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: 'Tape Name Is Blank' Error Message(s)
on Oct 21, 2010 at 5:25:14 pm

Could you mail the CatDV Error Log (see Help > System Information for the lcoation) that shows this error to support@squarebox.co.uk please?

That message relates to using the tape library management functionality but shouldn't occur in normal use, so we'd be keen to see the log file that shows what's going on. As a workaround, go to Advanced Functionality preferences and uncheck the "Enable tape management (extra tape fields)" option.

Thanks,

-Rolf

Return to posts index

rob Hall
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:56:44 pm

I have run into the same problem today. I deleted the Catalog it happened on, but now its in my Recycle bin and I can't open that. When I looked at the Metadata for the clips I was importing I noticed there was nothing in the "Reel" field. Once I added a number to the field, I was able to add the clip to my catalog with no problems.

I am currently running CatDV 8.0 and Worker Node 3.0.1 The clips were being added through a watch action using the conversions action of Build Preview and then Publishing it in Post.

The message I get on the bottom of my catalog screen is Read only view on 0 clips from catalog 'Recycle Bin' (java.lang.RuntimeException: Tape name is blank)

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 23, 2010 at 4:14:48 pm

It looks like you'll get that error if you have a clip in the database whose tape name consists of just spaces (as opposed to being completely blank). That shouldn't normally arise, so I'm not sure why that's happening, but we'll fix that in the next version so you can open such troublesome catalogs. In the meantime, as a workaround, you can uncheck the "Enable tape management (extra tape fields)" option in Advanced Functionality preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]