FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating CatDV asset from command line/script?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yannick guillerm
Updating CatDV asset from command line/script?
on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:14:30 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to modify/update an asset metadata field in CatDV from a script/command line. I know you can update filed metadata values from the worker but it has to be a string value. I'd like to run a script that returns a value to be used as the new value of a field.
Looks like there is no command line item to do that? Anybody played with that before?

Thanks for your help.

Yannick
Atempo Inc.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Updating CatDV asset from command line/script?
on Oct 16, 2010 at 2:50:17 am

If the script is run in the Worker, there's a way to deliver the stdout of the command to a field. Check the variables in the "help" button.

Otherwise, you would be writing to the db directly from the CLI through MySQL.

Probably not supported, certainly not blessed by Squarebox, but likely rewarding. ;)

If you'll run me through that Atempo voodoo you guys are doing I'd be happy to show you some of the stuff that we're doing down here in Sunny SoCal.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Langrall
on Oct 16, 2010 at 4:06:14 pm

Updating asset metadata from the command line is something we've also contemplated doing. As an example we'd use it to tag full-res clips when their associated low-res proxies have been transcribed by an external service and the transcript txt files have been ingested back into CatDV. Worker automates all the steps in that pipeline except for the last one -- tagging the "parent" clip when a related "child" or "grandchild" asset is ingested into the database.

-Charlie Langrall
Post Supervisor
Found FIlms

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 18, 2010 at 9:52:03 am

I can see what you're asking for, a command line tool to search for clips matching a particular query and then update certain fields as a result. We don't currently have such an interface but it's something we would like to add in future. The worker is designed to perform actions triggered as a result of files appearing in a watch folder or based on clip status changes in the database, not triggered by an external script, so it won't quite give you what you want at the moment.

Return to posts index

yannick guillerm
on Oct 19, 2010 at 5:09:17 am

Thanks Bryson! Do you know the CatDV DB schema well? Have you played with it and updated metadata fields already? I'd be interested in giving that a try for sure!
Feel free to contact me and I'll walk you through what we do at Atempo :)

Thanks again.

Yannick
yannick.guillerm@atempo.com

Yannick Guillerm
System Engineer
Atempo Inc
yannick.guillerm@atempo.com
650-812-3056

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]