FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequences and offline problems

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Sharman
Sequences and offline problems
on Oct 2, 2010 at 8:29:38 am

Running CatDV 8.1.6 Workgroup with the MXF option and MXF4Mac on Macs and Calibrated on PC clients.

Our client is having problems when sending sequences back to FCP from CatDV to FCP. When you send back to FCP the wrong sequence setting is set (HDV 1080i) They are using MXF from P2. They have to manually change the Sequence settings to match the clips. Is this normal?

Also when they publish there rough cut sequences the producers make in CatDv the clips become offline in the sequence in CatDV. All clients are giga connections to a 32Tb shared storage connected via NFS on Macs and SMB on the Win clients.

One last thing. Timecode on many clips is way off between FCP and CatDV on many MXF files.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Stuart

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Sequences and offline problems
on Oct 3, 2010 at 9:46:21 am

HI Stuart
I think the clue maybe using "MXF4Mac on Macs and Calibrated on PC clients." .Greg from Calibrated informs me that the two products use differing approaches to 24p.

"For instance - a 1080i29.97 video file with 24 Advanced Pulldown - that has a reported 30fps NDF timecode of 7:35:41:15 - we would remove the advanced pulldown from the video and report timecode as 24fps 07:35:41:12

Does this ring true to what you are seeing? Could you provide further details of your workflow. ie are you generating proxies . Are you logging on the PC`s or the Macs or both etc

Cheers

Kevin Duggan
CatDv

Return to posts index

Stuart Sharman
on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:11:47 pm

Hi Kevin!

They are logging on both Win and Mac clients. Everthing is 1080i50 P2 based MXF files.
No proxies are generated. As far as we can see the timecode is completely way off on severeal clips in CatDV these might of been logged on Win clients running the Calibrated software.

Any idea on why the clips becom offline after publishing to server?

Regards
Stuart

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:10:24 pm

It's difficult to know without more details. Can you provide some specific examples? If you could mail a screenshot that shows the timecode you're seein in CatDV, as well as the corresponding clip after sending it to Final Cut, together with a copy of the CatDV Error Log (from Home > Library > Logs), to support@squarebox.co.uk that would be very helpful and should give us enough to hopefully work out what's going on.

Thanks,

-Rolf

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:43:31 am

We've been talking about this offline with the developers of the Calibrated plugin and wonder if advanced pulldown might explain the difference in timecode that you're seeing. If you can send us some examples that would help us know for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]