FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drop Down User Keywords

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geof Gilland
Drop Down User Keywords
on Jan 14, 2010 at 5:50:45 pm

In a library, in the LOG NOTES tab is there any way to have drop down menus that contain user specific key words? for instance, if we have 15 to 20 keywords that we want to use with clips in our library, can there be a drop down menu to select them rather than typing them in the USER fields?

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Drop Down User Keywords
on Jan 15, 2010 at 1:53:05 am

Hi Geof
goto prefs > User Columns and make the User Field change from TEXT to the type GROUPING, ( click on the text field other option is MULTI ) Save your PREFS .. GO back to Pref and then select PICKLIST click on the COLUMN drop down and choose the USERFIELD you just made a GROUPING and then click the + sign to add values Save prefs and you are done. If you wish you can add or take away fields and Groupings to the Panels or create new panels by going to the EDIT DETAILS PANELS and create new layouts etc.

Hope this helps

Kevin Duggan
CatDV

Return to posts index

Dennis Kutchera
on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:15:28 pm

This raises more questions. What is "multi"? If I make the change as you suggest and add values, then I can only have one keyword in my keyword user column from what I can see. I would like to be able to type multiple keywords and have the software autocomplete each one so typos can be avoided. Possible?

Dennis

Return to posts index

Geof Gilland
on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:26:44 pm

I'll "ditto" Dennis' comment. Let's say I have 15 keywords and I might use 4 o 5 per USER field. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Dennis Kutchera
Re: Drop Down User Keywords - made it work and autofill
on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:43:29 pm

I made this work! Change the user column to multi. Hit OK to exit preference, then go back in to preference to pick lists. Select the user column you modified. Now you can add key words that CatDV will remember. Turn on "Extensible" and "Remember Values". Save the preferences. Now you can either select your key words from the pulldown and build a list there or just start to type a keyword and it will autofill the rest of the word or show you multiples that begin the same as what you started to type. If you want another key word, then type a semi-colon and the next word and so on! it will even begin to remember new words that are not in your pick list. Careful about typos!

This software is far more powerful than we realize. It is very customizable and that means a bit of a learning curve to understand just what you can achieve with CatDV.

I continue to get a dry mouth as my lower jaw hangs in awe.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: Drop Down User Keywords - made it work and autofill
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:48:52 pm

Hi Guys
a multi is as the name implies gives you the ability to place multiple values in one field. Think names Kevin, Dennis,Geoff in a three shot then a multi is for you as a search on one will also take you to this three shot. A GROUPING is usually when there is just one answer to the question and you can tag it as such...

Kevin Duggan
Catdv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]