FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV+Avid+P2

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Sio
CatDV+Avid+P2
on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:49:35 pm

I shoot P2, edit with Avid on a PC. Need a good archive/library/media management tool. Is this for me?

Kevin

Kevin Sio
Videographer/Editor
Corporate Affairs
National Grid

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: CatDV+Avid+P2
on Aug 31, 2010 at 10:09:16 pm

That depends...

I've used CatDV in tons of Avid houses but mostly we've stayed away from the "integration" of the two mostly due to the purple triangle's insistence on being so proprietary. There are some interactions between the two apps but it sounds like you're mostly interested in managing your P2.

If you need to catalog and archive your P2 footage, CatDV is amazing. You can add the Calibrated plugins and natively view MXF media before you drop it into the Avid. You can integrate with the Cache-A archiving appliance (and a few other systems) to track where your footage is archived, and keep a low res proxy of your footage so that you can see it and even start to edit with it before you restore.

Check in with Matt Stamos on here and I'm betting he can get you set up with a dealer that can give you more info on the ways the system works.

Also, any guys on here using CatDV with P2 stuff? Chime in.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: CatDV+Avid+P2
on Aug 31, 2010 at 10:13:38 pm

Thanks Bryson Kevin and I had a chat today and sure is great to see you basically reiterate what we talked about!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]