FORUMS: list search recent posts

Metadata Extraction rules

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Brown
Metadata Extraction rules
on Mar 8, 2017 at 11:20:50 pm

I've read through all the documentation and watched the tutorials and I still can't quite understand how to get metadata extraction rules and regex to work successfully in worker.

What I'm trying to do is really simple.

I have a watch folder setup to auto catalog clips that are live ingested each week. The naming of the files follows a strict nomenclature. DDR11_CAM01_SAT_01282017.mov (Source_Angle_Production_Date)

I want to simply update the catalog with based on the "Production" pattern. The production would set the several clip fields U1, U4.

Any insight would be helpful.

-keith

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Metadata Extraction rules
on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:58:50 am

The basic format of an import processing rules file is: pattern field-id value

The simplest type of pattern is just a single word that can occur in a filename. If you had a line like:

SAT U1 Something Awesome Today

then if you import a file called DDR11_CAM01_SAT_01282017.mov it would automatically set User 1 to "Something Awesome Today". It looks for the pattern anywhere in the name though, so it would also be triggered by SAT_CAM01_XYZ_123456.mov, but not by SATURDAY_12345.mov as the pattern has to occur on its own not as part of a word, with space, comma, underscrore, minus, plus, and vertical bar (plus forward and back slash) recognised as delimiters between words in the filename.

If you want to do anything more complicated then you can apply a regex (regular expression) and apply a pattern include special wildcard characters to the entire file path (including directory tree not just the final filename) but that's more fiddly to set up and the sort of thing you might want to get your systems integrator or our professional services team to help you with.

For example, /(.+)_(.+)_(.+)_(\d\d)(\d\d)(\d{4}).mov would set $1 to DDR11, $2 to CAM01, $3 to SAT, $4 to 01, $5 to 28 and $6 to 2017.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]