FORUMS: list search recent posts

Find similar

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Valliere
Find similar
on Jul 12, 2016 at 2:21:02 pm

Hi guys, question : I'm in a catalog, I try the Find similar tool (using name), then open a windows with my similar files... ok I have a list, I realize someone have cloned lines, no problem. I try to erase line or write metadata but not working. How do I manage cloned files, this?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Find similar
on Jul 12, 2016 at 10:17:54 pm

Not sure what would cause you to not be able to delete an asset there. Maybe the tech guys can look that over.

There is one setting that I'd like to call out. I consider it the most important (and potentially the most problematic) setting in CatDV Pro.

In Preferences>Import there is a setting near the bottom of the list that says "Combine duplicates (same In & Out values.)

(Here's a link to an image of that setting http://kb.northshoreautomation.com/catdv-portal/nsa-catdv-faq#TOC-Q:-How-do...)

I recommend that you always leave this checked (unless for some reason that I could not understand, you need duplicates of an asset in a catalog, but hey, what do I know? It's your workflow!)

This makes the system ignore an asset that is already in the catalog. The problem that this prevents is if you are ingesting clips and then walk away or get distracted and forget if you've ingested a particular file or folder. If this is checked, CatDV will simply ignore the assets that are already there. If it is unchecked, CatDV will ADD THE ASSETS A SECOND TIME (Sorry to shout, but it makes me tense even typing that.)

Again, the thing that makes CatDV great is that you can do most anything you want with it. However, if you have a situation such as when an archive system is connected to CatDV and that system will fail a job that was previously submitted, you can see the issue.

Sorry to take this off track but that setting might be the thing that caused you to have duplicates in the first place.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Jul 13, 2016 at 4:13:26 pm

hi Pierre

please can you restart CatDV client use find similar to identify some common files then try to delete them

please screenshot any error messages and export the log files

please see our guide on exporting logs here

http://www.squarebox.com/exporting-logs-to-support/

please then send the screenshots and logs along with a brief description of the steps taken to support@squarebox.com

thank you dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Pierre Valliere
on Jul 14, 2016 at 8:08:12 pm

Hi bryson, "Combine duplicates (same In & Out values.) was already check. I've made a test, take 10 videos in a new catalog, and re-import them over and over again, and it keep making lines video lines. But I won't SHOUT :) I use Tool/Find similar, on all open catalog based on name... my clip appears in an new windows. I select some and try to delete them in this windows... not working. I've check and i'm the Clip Owner, and anyway, i'm the Administrator so I can delete them anyway. I'll keep looking.

Return to posts index

Pierre Valliere
on Jul 25, 2016 at 7:01:31 pm

Hi again :) guys!

I understand that I cannot erase while using Find Similar command.

But my biggest problem (question) is :

it is normal that I can import the same video over and over again in the same catalog?

And my preference/import/Importing Media/Combine duplicates (Same In &Out values) is check.

Thx guys!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jul 25, 2016 at 8:27:49 pm

Pierre, if that's unchecked, I believe that the system shouldn't import an asset more than once per catalog.

Can someone at SBS pipe up here and let us know? What determines the rules for file imports? This was recently a problem for a client of ours but that setting fixed it there.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Valliere
on Jul 26, 2016 at 12:36:33 pm

Check or uncheck, the result is the same on my system...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]