FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reading embedded marker metadata

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Reading embedded marker metadata
on May 31, 2016 at 8:03:31 pm
Last Edited By Lee Warner on May 31, 2016 at 8:07:44 pm

I want to rip a library of SFX CDs we have in-house and make them available through CatDV clients. I'm using Adobe Audition for the rips. If I rip an entire CD to one file, Audition will place markers at the head of each SFX with the appropriate description which Audition gets from a CDDB server. Is it possible to have CatDV to interpret the marker metadata in order to allow for keyword searches? Such as give me all files and timecode locations for markers that contain "water".

I've tried taking one file as described above and ingesting it into Pegasus v11. Marker data does not currently show up. I can pull the file into iTunes and see all the metadata, so I know it's there.

Lee

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: Reading embedded marker metadata
on Jun 1, 2016 at 1:42:25 pm

hi Lee

I've put this forward as a feature request for consideration for development in a future version it something we might be able to do in version 12

thank you dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jun 1, 2016 at 2:44:07 pm

Lee, if I'm correct audition is not actually writing that metadata into the file wrapper, but just bringing it in from CDDB or a similar service. iTunes also is linked to CDDB so it will do the same.

CatDV might not have anything to extract in that case. I'd test with some other apps that don't use CDDB or maybe even "get info" in your OS to see if you can see the data.

Also, posting a sample file for testing would be great so we could see if there's data in the wrapper. Let us know what you find please.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jul 14, 2016 at 1:55:28 pm

Hi Lee,
If you have a small sample file that you think contains marker metadata please send it to support@squarebox.com and we'll be happy to take a look.
-Rolf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]