FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worker Node scan limit

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Schmidt
Worker Node scan limit
on Mar 31, 2016 at 3:17:03 pm

Hello! I currently have a worker action where I have a "Bulk Query" to look for a particular field and set a clip field to "Enter Email". The main issue I am having is that when it executes the command it repeat scans the same 16 clips. Instead of having 100 clips with the field set to "Enter Email" it only has 16 of the same clips with that field set.

Is there a way to look for all clips with a particular field and have an additional clip field set to "Enter Email" for all my clips? I thought the "Bulk Query" option would look for all of them. I do have another worker trigger action that is about 20 seconds after that action; maybe it is the time interval difference?

My goal is to always have a field set to "Enter Email" in a User Defined field at all times (we are mainly having this set up clients not necessarily for metadata entry) until the user enters their email in that field (where it will then be overwritten by the "Enter Email" text).

Let me know if you guys/gals can provide a direction! Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Worker Node scan limit
on Apr 5, 2016 at 4:36:31 pm

Try performing the same query that your bulk query action uses manually from within the CatDV application and see what clips it returns. Perhaps there are only 16 matching clips. You can also use the Test button in the worker (labelled with a "?") to give a quick count of how many matching clips there are.

The main difference between a bulk query and a regular server query in the worker is that a regular query will queue a separate task for each matching clip and a bulk query will queue a single task to process all the clips, so use the former if you're doing per file processing that might take some time for each clip (such as transcoding or copying to archive), and the latter if you're doing simple operations like updating a clip field for all the matching clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]