FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video server

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Valliere
Video server
on Mar 1, 2016 at 4:45:47 pm

Is there a professional Video Server (Record and Play) that is more "integrated" with CatDV?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Video server
on Mar 1, 2016 at 10:15:29 pm

I know ToolsOnAir have done some work with CatDV.

I've wanted to build an integration for years myself and just haven't found the right client or system.

Could you lay out a few of the features that you'd like to see in a system?

I know some people would like to update the list of assets from the DAM, for one. But what are some other features that would make this work?

Anyone else who has info pitch in, but also I'd love to hear feature requests or wishes on this thread. (Pierre, hope you don't mind a mild hijack here. If so, I can start another thread.)

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Mar 2, 2016 at 3:34:08 pm

hi Piere

we have an integration with Newtek's tricaster please see our website on the links below for more details

http://www.squarebox.com/catdv-for-tricaster/

http://www.squarebox.com/catdv-for-tricaster-help/

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Pierre Valliere
on Mar 2, 2016 at 5:41:04 pm

I want to be able to record 8 video sources at the same time on a server, and when I insert metadata into those files (before, or after recording), that the metadata can be read directly into CatDV.

This Server could also output on 4 channel at the same time with different playlist. If I could build my playlist "with" CatDV, it would be a dream come true! :)

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Mar 2, 2016 at 5:56:50 pm

The metadata exchange should be fairly easy from a lot of systems.

Look for any system that will output an XML with the video captured (tons do this.) Or, you can simply set up a naming schema that contains metadata and CatDV can extract it upon import. (Admittedly, this is of limited use, but it works.)

As to building a playlist, I know the Softron system, for example can take an XML, so you should be able to create a playlist in CatDV and then export a batch XML and have it transformed into their format.

Contact your CatDV Reseller once you have the system picked and they can quote you this dev either from Squarebox or NSA.

I'd be happy to a cursory check of the API's on any systems you find. Like I said, I've been watching this space for years.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]