FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to export proxies with metadata to Premiere?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Possible to export proxies with metadata to Premiere?
on Jan 28, 2016 at 10:34:20 pm

We're starting to cut with more and more 4K footage. Normally our producers will make notes, create markers, etc. on clips in CatDV that they want to send to the edit suites. When ready the editors highlight the selects and use the Premiere Pro export function.
Is it possible to export the clip proxies with metadata to Premiere instead of the original video file? We would rough cut with the proxies and relink to the 4K later.

Lee

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: Possible to export proxies with metadata to Premiere?
on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:16:41 pm

hi Lee

this is possible with our adobe première panel plugin you'd need the latest v 6.10.6 or 7.0.6 server but then you can usethe première panel tocnnect to and search catdv from within première and then choose weather to import hi res or proxy media

see our website here for more info http://www.squarebox.com/premiere-plugin/

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Feb 3, 2016 at 5:11:09 pm

Dougal,

Thanks for that. I noticed that the Premiere plug-in is included when one buys CatDV Desktop. I'm using a multi-license enterprise version. Am I entitled to a free download of the plug-in?

Lee

Return to posts index

Lindsay Simpson
on Feb 4, 2016 at 10:44:21 pm

I just wanted to report that I use the Premiere plug-in for the CatDV Desktop version, and am very happy with how it performs! The metadata imports nicely and translates well in Premiere.

It's a great advantage for a large media library!

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Feb 5, 2016 at 5:42:13 pm

Thanks Lindsay. I'm in the process of updating our CatDV Server utility to v6.10 and installing the Premiere Plug-in. I got thrown for a loop when the Adobe extension manager failed the install the plug, but I've since found out alternative instructions.

Lee

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:18:23 pm

hi Lee

this is possible with our adobe première panel plugin you'd need the latest v 6.10.6 or 7.0.6 server but then you can usethe première panel tocnnect to and search catdv from within première and then choose weather to import hi res or proxy media

see our website here for more info http://www.squarebox.com/premiere-plugin

thank you Dougal

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Feb 3, 2016 at 5:15:22 pm

I believe that if you have web client then you can use the première plugins but best to check with your reseller they should be able to give you the details and pricing for options if you need them

thank you Dougal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]