FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Premiere Panel Install

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bryson jones
CatDV Premiere Panel Install
on Jan 15, 2016 at 10:59:39 pm

We've posted an article about installing the Premiere plugin for CatDV on our site. This one is for OS X and you should be able to follow the instructions and cut and paste without knowing anything about the command line.

You should only need this if you get the "failed to install" error when you try the regular method.

http://kb.northshoreautomation.com/catdv-portal/catdv-premiere-panel-instal...

Hope this helps you avoid some frustration.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Alex Schmidt
Re: CatDV Premiere Panel Install
on Oct 24, 2016 at 4:26:12 pm

Hello Bryson! Thank you for providing this troubleshoot walkthrough, however I posted a thread recently about the Premiere Panel.

I am currently having an issue connecting to our CatDV server from Premiere Pro. I was able to successfully install the extension, however I am not able to log in to our server (even though it is the correct IP address we use on the Desktop Client). On the log in screen in the Panel, it only asks for "CatDV Server:" with the localhost text (that I deleted and changed to the Server address), and no Username or Password option is available/present.

Even with the localhost left as the default name for the server, I click on connect and it just hangs on that screen with no indication of progress. This is the same when I change it to our CatDV Server address.

Is there anything else that needs to be done in order for it to work? We have the Desktop Client of CatDV Pro, and Adobe Creative Cloud CC (for Teams). We are also able to send files to Premiere Pro from CatDV, but we would love to use the Panel within Premiere Pro.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: CatDV Premiere Panel Install
on Oct 24, 2016 at 6:02:23 pm

Alex, not sure, I'm asking one of our techs about this as I don't do many nuts and bolts installs these days.

Not knowing your network or topology, it's hard to speak to something that's likely network related. Are you sure no ports are blocked on your internal network? The CatDV Pro client and Web Client (which the premiere panel is related to) use different ports so that is the most likely explanation (flying blind here.) Check the CatDV Control Panel Sertup Wizard and confirm that your Web Server is running on port 8080.

If it is, you can enter your server address as - server-ip:8080 and see if it connects. (Ex. 192.1.1.34:8080 )

I'd call your integrator, they should know your local network well. Barring that, buzz SBS support and open a ticket for this one.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]