FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Server 6.7 Database installation

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Ray
CatDV Server 6.7 Database installation
on Dec 27, 2015 at 10:22:04 am

Hi!

Trying to set up a version of CatDV Server 6.7 on my mac. First had some trouble getting the MySQL database running but it now seems to work fine.

I get to connect to the MySQL but dont know how to get it to connect to/or create a database. I have tried to both create the database through MySQL Workbench first and then connect with a user to this database and I have tried to connect with root and have the CatDV windows create on its own. Either way I get a form of a error message looking like something like this (see picture):
"An error occurred: java.sql.SQLException: Can´t create database "chatted": database exist while processing /usr/local/catdvServer/create_catdv.sql

See error message here:
9596_screenshot20151227at11.09.04.png.zip

Can it be some kind of permission problem? I am not very technical when it comes to database management and doing the programming through console.

Looking forward for any thoughts. Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: CatDV Server 6.7 Database installation
on Dec 27, 2015 at 12:52:53 pm

In any CatDV Server prior to 7 the MySQL database basically has to be called 'catdv'.

If you really need to call it something else you need to manually edit the first few lines of (a cppy of) the create-catdv.sql script you'll find in the CatDV server install directory and then run it manually.

Alternatively upgrade to Server 7 :-)

John

Return to posts index

Austin Ray
on Dec 27, 2015 at 1:56:04 pm

Thanks John,
I have not the budget to upgrade so will have to do with this version.
There is no reason to call it anything else than catdv, so the question is- what is the procedure to make it work like this? Does it seems like I am doing anything wrong in the way I set it up or can there be a underlaying problem Im not able to see from my standpoint?

Regarding upgrading- do you know if it would be possible to run the latest client and still connect it to Server 6.7?

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Dec 28, 2015 at 10:44:06 am

Ah - ok. It was just that you said the error was "Can´t create database "chatted" - but I guess that was auto-correct. Maybe the catdv database already exists? If you delete it and then re-run the script that should work. Otherwise I guess there could be some permissions issue, or possibly the disk is full. We'd need to see the full error log to work that out.

Generally speaking the latest desktop client is supported with the latest and the one previous major versions of the server(so currently 7.0 and 6.10). However, that is different from saying it won't work on older versions of the server. You can always download a trial of the latest version and see how you get on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]