FORUMS: list search recent posts

Non searchable metadata

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
Non searchable metadata
on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:01:05 pm

Unless I'm doing something wrong it seems there's lots of field that are not searchable in a Query. The field I'm trying to search on is "Data Rate" but it's not available in the selection list. Is there a way to add these omitted fields in a Query?

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: Non searchable metadata
on Dec 2, 2015 at 12:08:01 pm

Hi John

I'm afraid not all metadata fields are searchable as they're not actually stored as values but calculated for display data rate is one of these calculated values so not searchable.

At the moment there is no easy way to "Add" them we would need to calculate the values then store them in the DB as fixed results I've asked for this to be considered for future development on server 7

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Non searchable metadata
on Dec 3, 2015 at 8:10:56 pm

Yes, unfortunately Data Rate is a good example of a "calculated field". The database stores the file size and the clip duration so the data rate is calculated for display on the client but isn't directly stored in the database, so isn't available for searches.

Certain hacks like writing a worker script to copy the data rate to a particular user field and then searching that might be possible but are unlikely to be perfect I'm afraid.

-Rolf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]