FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overwriting Proxy Path

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Schmidt
Overwriting Proxy Path
on Nov 19, 2015 at 7:56:38 pm

Hello again! I had a quick question in regards to media after a proxy had been created. We have the media path in a details panel for the proxy location, but let's say I wanted to change the proxy location to a different drive/location, I noticed that when I create a new proxy (with the correct path mapping) it still identifies the media path of the original proxy. Is there a way to overwrite the path when I create a new proxy using CATDV or should I just manually delete the original proxy location and then make a new proxy?

Let me know! Thank you.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Overwriting Proxy Path
on Nov 21, 2015 at 1:20:21 am

I'm not sure why you'd want to move one proxy file, but if you are moving all the proxy to a new location, just update your path mapping in the preferences and CatDV will see the new proxy path.

CatDV Pro is only "aware" of the proxy by looking when it opens the file. The Proxy path is never written to the database, it's figured out based on your proxy mapping settings. The Proxy Path field is calculated on the fly (someone from SBS check me here in case I'm wrong.)

Proxy should generally not be moved as part of a workflow, it is linked to the asset by the path mapping. However, note that if you move/update the location of a file, you will need to recreate or move the proxy file to match or have a path equivalency set for that new path. (There can be many impacts from this.)

Again, your integrator should be handling all of this for you. I recommend you contact them before you do a lot of work (or transcoding) only have it be for naught.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Alex Schmidt
Re: Overwriting Proxy Path
on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:44:47 pm

Thank you again Bryson!

It turned out to be a conflict with the worker node and the server type we had. It would not update even after being moved/deleted and created until we reinstalled everything to their more recent updates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]