FORUMS: list search recent posts

.MTS and R3D Proxies in CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Dorough
.MTS and R3D Proxies in CatDV
on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:19:09 pm

I'm up against two issues while trying to generate proxies. I'm on a Mac with Yosemite and using CatDV Pro 11.

1 - Trying to make proxies from AF-100 footage (AVCHD). I can play the .MTS files within CatDV, but it won't make any proxies. I get error -2048 Failed to Open Movie. Same result whether within CatDV or in Worker node.

2 - Trying to make R3D proxies. For whatever reason, none of our Macs will open the Quicktime wrapper files that REDCine X makes. Not sure if this might be a Yosemite issue or not. I've tried to create a Worker script to do this using REDLine but the variables are so cryptic that I haven't come up with anything successful yet. I've resorted to going back to REDCine X and generating lo-res Quicktimes there, which Worker will then use to create proxies. It's an extra, time-consuming manual step and creates more files than actually necessary, but gets the job done. I'd rather take care of it with a simple Worker automated action.

Any ideas how to get these things done?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: .MTS and R3D Proxies in CatDV
on Nov 7, 2015 at 2:54:31 am

Try using FFMPEG in CatDV to create the MTS proxy. It should work fine.

The RED files can be scripted as you mentioned. It's not too hard but not something for the average video editor or post supe to handle, most likely. The example on the web site is hard to follow, I agree.

A solid CatDV integrator can set up a REDline script for Worker Node easily. (We have done tons.)

They can also sell it to you as a professional service from Squarebox or NSA and one of us will set it up for you. If you don't have a reseller relationship, contact JB&A in the US or Squarebox in the UK.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Bob Dorough
on Nov 7, 2015 at 3:39:48 am
Last Edited By Bob Dorough on Nov 7, 2015 at 5:32:51 am

Thanks Bryson. I tried that and it does indeed work. How do I force CatDV Worker to use FFMPEG?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Nov 9, 2015 at 8:31:05 pm

In the preferences for creating proxy you can choose the Quicktime or FFMPEG engine when you create your settings.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Nov 10, 2015 at 1:51:53 pm

hi Bob

you might find some of the tutorials on our website helpful I've included links below

Worker Techniques and Transcoding

http://www.squarebox.com/advanced-worker-webinar/

Generating Proxies these guides are for the client but the setup In the worker is very similar

http://www.squarebox.com/tutorial-generating-proxies/

R£d Automated trancode

http://www.squarebox.com/tutorial-r3d-automated-transcode/

I hope you find these and or other tutorials helpful

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]