FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Standalone with Mixed OS's

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Gilmour
CatDV Standalone with Mixed OS's
on Oct 13, 2015 at 5:41:07 pm

I built a Catalog with CatDV Pro 10 and it used to work fine on Mac and Windows, but now in CatDV Pro 11.1 all of the clips in CatDV are offline for Windows, and if I reconnect clips in Windows, everything goes offline for Mac.

I can't seem to get 1 catalog to work on both OS's, and I swear I used to be able to open 1 catalog on Mac and Windows without an issue (in CatDV Pro 10).

Also, when I try to reconnect files on Windows, it says the media file size is different than it expected, I'm assuming because Windows and Mac calculate file sizes differently, but that means I have to click the "force reconnect" button manually for every single clip, which is not an option.

I'm not using Server, so far I've been able to get by without it.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: CatDV Standalone with Mixed OS's
on Oct 13, 2015 at 7:00:48 pm

CatDV stores the file path from the machine where the file was originally ingested. You can see what it stores in the Media Path field. If that path is Mac path and you try and view the catalog on a Windows machine then it won't be able to find the file.

To fix that, CatDV has path mapping rules, that you can set up in Prefs -> Media Search Paths. Simply add a rule that maps the Mac path (usually something like /Volumes/Media to it equivalent Windows path e.g. M:\Media - or whatever). In a mixed Mac/Windows environment you'll need two rules - one for Mac to Windows and one from Windows to Mac.

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on Oct 13, 2015 at 9:34:08 pm

Thanks, I have tried that and it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or missing a step? Here are screen shots of my media mapping paths...

On Windows:

On Mac:

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Oct 14, 2015 at 8:46:44 am

That looks plausible. You don't need the rules with the backslashes in, but that shouldn't break anything.

I can see that the stored path is a Mac path. What is the full Windows path of the same file?

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on Oct 14, 2015 at 4:36:06 pm

Full windows path for the sample file is "Q:\HD1288 - SFMM HIP Shoot 2014\3_Footage\HIP News Footage \RAW ProRes\CLIP0000180_000.mov"

If I relink or "attach" that file on windows and save, it will be offline when I open the CatDV project on Mac.

I wasn't sure about the back/forward slashes because it looked like windows/mac was reversing the slash direction in the "Media Path" dialog box.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Oct 14, 2015 at 6:57:14 pm

That looks right I must admit. Could you email support@squarebox.com please, attaching a log (use Help -> Error Log -> Save Log Files..) and we'll get someone to dial in take a look.

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on Oct 22, 2015 at 4:24:02 pm

I heard back from CatDV support, I guess there is a little bit of a bug in regards to this issue in CatDV 11.1 and I'm told it will be fixed in the next update.

However CatDV 11.0.7 seems to be working correctly. I'm not sure what the differences between 11.0.7 and 11.1 are though so far I haven't run into any issues with this version.

Thanks for your help John!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]