FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing Panels

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Schmidt
Disappearing Panels
on Sep 23, 2015 at 2:24:53 pm

I had installed CatDV Pro 11 onto my computer with the serial key and began to ingest several clips into different catalogs with custom panel views to match what I wanted to have. I had been working on this for approximately two days with adding more fields to the custom panels, and during this time I was logged on/off the server and closed down/reopened CatDV to work on it more (I didn't publish anything to the server however).

The problem I am having now is that when I opened up CatDV, I noticed that my custom panels had disappeared! I don't know where they went, and I had done nothing different from beforehand. What was the cause of the disappearance of my custom/some default Panels?

Let me know! Thank you!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Disappearing Panels
on Sep 23, 2015 at 10:15:58 pm

If you were working on a server then you need to save or edit the settings in order to keep the changes you have made.

When you closed the preferences, did it ask you to "Save Locally" or "Publish To Server? If you saved locally, then they should be kept in your local plist file.

This exposes you to having them overwritten when you connect to a server, if it asks you "would you like to load settings x" or whatever.

Just in case you are having a UI issue, make sure you have the "Advanced" option selected in the workspace pull down in the upper right hand corner.

CatDV's settings and the way they are stored and managed take some getting used to (like any enterprise DAM.)

If you're working with a reseller or other trainer, make sure they take you through how these work. It's very powerful and flexible and with great power... comes great responsibility.

Hope this helps and I hope you've not lost some work there.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Alex Schmidt
Re: Disappearing Panels
on Sep 24, 2015 at 2:42:47 pm

I see! Thank you, it turns out I -of course- was not signed into the server when making the changes of the panels. Therefore, the files had been replaced by the default panels of CatDV when I signed back into the server.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]