FORUMS: list search recent posts

Details Panel with different fields

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Schmidt
Details Panel with different fields
on Aug 28, 2015 at 3:09:38 pm

Hello everyone! I am very new to CatDV and have spent a good chunk of time into learning about it and it's products before I fully install and utilize it. I had downloaded the CatDV Pegasus application and I had a question in regards to catalogs and details panels:

The company I work for we split up into several production groups, and in regards to assets we thought of creating four different catalogs for our media (Cat1, Cat2, Cat3, and Cat4). My questions are:

Is it possible to have different fields/pick lists for each catalog?

For example, in Cat1 we may only want fields/pick lists: File name, Date, Aspect Ratio, and Clip owner.

However, in Cat2 we may only want fields/pick lists: Approved, Date, and Notes.

I have messed with the trial version and I had noticed that even though I created 4 catalogs that when I adjust the Details panel fields that it would apply to all catalogs.

Is it just because I am limited to the trial version, or what can I do so I have specific Details panel fields/pick lists for each catalog?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: Details Panel with different fields
on Sep 1, 2015 at 4:07:48 pm

hi Alex

I'm afraid its not possible to customize details on a per catalog basis as the details Panel is set at the production group but you can absolutely do this on a per production group basis so have view 1 for production group 1 view 2 for production group 2 etc

please see our tutorial here http://www.squarebox.com/tutorial-customising-metadata-display/ on how to customize details panels

If you're new to catdv you might find the the getting started video's useful here

http://www.squarebox.com/getting-started-videos/

and check out the other tutorials for guidance on setting up and using CatDV

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Alex Schmidt
Re: Details Panel with different fields
on Sep 18, 2015 at 4:39:31 pm

Thank you for the response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved