FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pick List Field Not Visible in Drop Down Menu

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Simpson
Pick List Field Not Visible in Drop Down Menu
on Jun 1, 2015 at 9:56:59 pm

Hi,

Interesting observation. I built a custom pick-list of "Locations." As new media is logged, new locations are added to the list as needed. There are currently eleven individual locations in the list. During cataloging operation today, the list, which displays the locations alphabetically, no longer displays the last item in the list. I did confirm that the preferences remain unaltered and the missing location is included in the preferences.

Any thoughts as to why the field would 'disappear'? Is there a limit to the number of fields a pick list can display?

Thanks!

Lindsay

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: Pick List Field Not Visible in Drop Down Menu
on Jun 2, 2015 at 11:39:32 am

hi Lindsay

do you have remember values ticked for your pick list ?

If you have remember values ticked any entered value is added to the pick list for future re-use if its not ticked the value isn't saved

to give you a couple of use case examples

say I have a pick list of staff names for use in training videos I would want to have remember values ticked as I would probably reuse the metadata again in another video.

however if I was doing on campus interviews at a university I might want to record the interviewee's name as metadata but as I'm unlikely to ever interview the same person again there is no value to saving the name into a pick list

i hope that resolves your issue

thank you dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Lindsay Simpson
on Jul 8, 2015 at 1:34:01 pm

Thank you for the information Dougal. Taking a look at the pick lists in preferences, I see the "Remember Values" check box, but it is grayed out for each field and both relevant pick-lists. I've linked a screen shot below.

picklist_preferences.jpg

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Jul 15, 2015 at 10:42:13 am

hi Lindsay

you need to make the pick-list extensible so you can actually add new values before you can tick the remember values box

ticking the extensible box will allow you to then tick the remember values box

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]