FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bulk Calculation

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Moreau
Bulk Calculation
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:18:12 pm

Going through a series of imported clips, I've noticed some discrepancies between the metadata of when the clips were recorded on my EX1 and the actual known record date for a series of clips. I don't know if this is because the date was wrong on my camcorder, or some other bug, but I'd like to basically copy the technical/CreationDate field over to the currently blank RecordDate field, but add 4 days to it. Is this possible? From what I see I can just copy or move, but not change or calculate the information.

I tried using that tab separated field text file, massaged it in Excel, then reimported into CatDV. Unfortunately CatDV didn't recognize these as the same clips as what was already in the catalog and just added the modified records to the end of the current catalog, with some info, such as source, modified to the export/imported file name.

I guess what I would like to do is either find a way, perhaps through 'expressions' in search and replace, or through some hidden feature in bulk update mode, to change things. I anticipate I'll want to massage my data in other ways, and just replacing the contents of one field with another or a fixed value may not be as versatile as I'd like.

Thanks much for any advice.

-Keith

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Bulk Calculation
on Aug 12, 2010 at 9:43:40 pm

Rolf, could this be done in Worker with some expression magic? Seems like this could be scripted.

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Aug 19, 2010 at 9:49:15 am

You can use the Timezone Adjustment command. The "Record Date" column is taken to be the time set on the camera, generally local time without any timezone information. If timezone correction is set then the the Location Date and GMT Date fields will display the corrected time, ie. Record Date + Timezone Adjustment. You can also specify a camera date correction at the same time.

Return to posts index

Keith Moreau
on Aug 19, 2010 at 9:44:59 pm

Thanks Rolf, I did try this but it affected all clips globally. I wound up doing a search and replace for the various sets of clips affected for that field, which worked out. A bit more manual than I would like but it worked.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Aug 19, 2010 at 10:30:57 pm

The Timezone Adjustment command shouldn't be global. It only applies to the clips you select and apply the correction to.

Return to posts index

Keith Moreau
on Aug 19, 2010 at 11:22:00 pm

Yeah, sorry about 'global' vs 'selected,' I was wrong about that in my previous post. But I did try it first and I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. If I wanted to add 4 days to the date recorded, how would I go about that? It seems that tool goes up to -12 or +12 hours and that's it. I'd also have to bulk replace the record date field with the location or GMT date field, right?

Thanks much!

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Aug 20, 2010 at 12:06:23 am

The "camera" and "location" timezone adjustment is to handle the case where your camera may be set to New York local time, say, but you've travelled to India, and want to display times in GMT. You can also enter a camera clock adjustment however. It's designed for synching up multiple cameras, where the clocks may be out by a number of minutes relative to each other, but there's no reason why you shouldn't apply a correction of 4 days if the clock was set incorrectly.

Return to posts index

Keith Moreau
on Aug 20, 2010 at 7:57:32 pm

Hi Rolf

Thanks for the reply. After experimenting with this I can't really figure out if the camera clock adjust is working. I assume it should be modifying the "record date" field but I've tried with small and large values, and since the unit to adjust is in seconds I assume very large values for hours or days.

However, I can't seem to see it having any effect on a particular record.

-Keith

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Aug 20, 2010 at 10:48:29 pm

The Record Date field isn't modified, that just shows the date stored by the camera. The results of applying a timezone/camera clock adjustment are shown in the Location Date and GMT Date fields, which you can see if you go to the 'Other' tab (or customise your views).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]