FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Quicktime Playback

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Harriss
Problem with Quicktime Playback
on May 18, 2015 at 2:39:24 am

All of a sudden one of my machines won't playback Avid mxf files. It used to work. But now a still of the first frame comes up and the media won't budge.
Proxy plays (mp4).
When I try a protected mode the image turns white and the audio plays.
This is a not too old iMac running CatDV Pro 10.1.3 on OS 10.9.5. All my machines are running the same version of CatDV and Mac OS. All the other machines work just fine, from the 2012 MacBook Pro to the new Mac Pro. I just tried them.
The viewer is not displaying the Q for Quicktime. Instead I get a vertical yellow line.
I've tried selecting Quicktime, and automatic, and as I mentioned, the protected mode.
This machine was running Quicktime X so I added Quicktime 7.6.6 just for good measure, but no change.
Oh, I'm also using the same preference file for all machines, and I reloaded it just to make sure. But no. This is the only machine that won't work.
Ideas?
Thanks

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Problem with Quicktime Playback
on May 19, 2015 at 11:22:35 pm

White is often the sign of a missing or mismatched codec.

Check the versions of the Avid codecs on that machine compared to the other boxes. I'm betting it's that.

/Library/Quicktime

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on May 20, 2015 at 3:29:12 am

He shoots... and scores!

That was it. This machine had only 4 of the Avid codecs on it. No idea why. Ran the same install on all of them. The laptop right next to it was fine but this was missing some. All everywhere matched dates. I copied the missing ones over here and rebooted and yup, it appears to be fixed.

Thanks again. I owe you more than a beer.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Jun 24, 2015 at 4:16:19 pm

Ok, I fixed it. But unfortunately I don't remember how. There was a missing component somewhere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]