FORUMS: list search recent posts

Larger Thumbnails

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Mason
Larger Thumbnails
on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:00:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm sure I've asked this before but - Any updates on being able to create large, full resolution thumbnails? No bigger than 1080 would be needed.

We are building a stock image library and making selects from a few smart folders. Due to archived images that obviously no longer 'live' on the local network we are only able to view a fair amount of these images as 512x384. In order to make the proper selects for our library we need to be able to see much higher resolution images. There are obvious ways around this from a media management stand point but as a company wide initiative creating larger thumbnails is the best, maybe only, way to accomplish this task.

Any fun little tricks for us?

Thank you in advance,

Justin
POPSUGAR

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Larger Thumbnails
on Apr 8, 2015 at 7:18:53 pm

The thumbnails in CatDV Server are stored in the MySQL db so a very large thumbnail might not be the best way to address this.

Unless your db file count is very small, this could seriously impact performance.

Could you use an image proxy (which would not be in the db?) to cover this?

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Justin Mason
Re: Larger Thumbnails
on Apr 8, 2015 at 7:34:27 pm

Ok I see what you mean. We do have a very large db so that would probably impact us greatly.

I didn't even think of creating some sort of image proxy. That's why you're the man Bryson.

Very cool. We'll look into setting this up and we will reach out if we run into any trouble.

Thanks,

Justin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]