FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same field name (but duplicated) = same query results?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla Vidal
Same field name (but duplicated) = same query results?
on Apr 1, 2015 at 12:26:27 pm

Hi there,

It might be a stupid question but I would like to make sure of this issue.

I have a NOTES (red) user defined field which we have been using so far.
I realised that there is a built in field also named NOTES (green). I have been changing things in both detailed panel and search panel and now I am worried if I changed from one NOTES green to the other NOTES red -or viceversa- and that implies not getting all the results because the program understands it as two different fields...

Thank you in advance for helping

Cheers

Carla

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: Same field name (but duplicated) = same query results?
on Apr 15, 2015 at 10:31:51 am

hi Carla

you can use the Bult edit tool to append the contents of one field to another i suggest in your case you move the contents of your user created ( red ) notes field to the built in ( green) notes field

if you use the append option you will add the red notes to any existing green notes

Use Bulk Edit as a flexible tool to copy one field to another or automatically renumber clips. Select the destination field whose value you want to set, then either type in a fixed value to use or select another property to copy or move to the destination. To use automatic numbering type in a value like “Scene 009″ and the next line will automatically be incremented to “Scene 010″ etc.

thank you dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
Re: Same field name (but duplicated) = same query results?
on Apr 15, 2015 at 3:20:29 pm

Yes I know the bulk edit tool, thank you for the detailed explanation. It's been very useful since I didn't think about it to solve the problem. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]