A few issues

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Rowley
A few issues
on Aug 10, 2010 at 9:25:08 pm

Hello,
I've recently run into a few issues.

1) I am no longer able to build preview files on any of my connected CatDV workstations. This includes 2 Mac Pros and one Windows Vista machine. I am building and writing the preview clips from full res ProRes (Proxy) files on the connected server (not local drives). The mac is getting 'filename.mov build failed (-5000)' errors and the windows machine gives the same errors but with a (-43) code. I have successfully made previews from both machines before.

2) On both windows and Mac Desktop clients I am getting a 'Failed to set volume (-32766)' errors when trying to play back ProRes clips. After clicking ok on the Mac the movie window opens immediately and works fine after that. On the windows machine the playback window opens and 'stops responding' then literally takes about 1-2 minutes before it will start responding to user input on the playback controls. Changing preference settings per support suggestions did not help this issue on either machine.

Thanks for reading this post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Carson

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: A few issues
on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:11:07 pm

Common issues that can prevent previews being built or movies being exported include:
- destination folder name being longer than 31 characters or containing accented characters
- destination file name being longer than 31 characters or containing accented characters
- not having write permission in the destination folder
- destination file being more than 2GB
- missing codecs

Return to posts index

Michael Hawk
Re: A few issues
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:55:53 pm

Thanks for the help Rolf. It was a permissions issue on my server. I still can't figure out the volume error i keep getting when trying to play clips in the pop out(?) player on both Windows and Mac.
Thanks.
-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]