FORUMS: list search recent posts

restoring database on OSX 10.7.5

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Harriss
restoring database on OSX 10.7.5
on Dec 2, 2014 at 12:20:42 am

Having gotten the new Mac Pro up and running, now, I have to go back and setup the workgroup server on my new "spare" machine, which is one of the old Mac Pros running 10.7.5 I've already had run and games trying to move the database and now I'm stepping backwards in time (OS versions) to get it where I need it. I've got everything in place. Now I'm trying to restore the database. But when I do CatDV asks me to "Please locate the MYSQL program. But using the window that opens I'm not permitted to navigate to /usr/local/mysql
I have all the hidden files and folders revealed and I can see them in the finder. But this particular window does not show the hidden folders. How do I point at the MySQL app? I'm kinda stuck.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: restoring database on OSX 10.7.5
on Dec 2, 2014 at 4:18:39 am

I got it. Something got lost for some reason, even though the installation showed as correct in the wizard. I'm not sure what fixed it. I was able to navigate to the dump file. For whatever reason I was allow to view the hidden files and folders. But I also went and loaded one of the local catalogs and published it to the server. It was then that I tried restoring the database again. All of a sudden it worked and everything is back where it should be, correct schema and all.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:10:30 pm

Glad you got it sorted, Robb.

Just for reference, do you have the MySQL set to back up on a regular basis and if so, what's the interval?

I'm gathering info on how many folks have done that vs just doing a full boot drive backup.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:13:34 pm

Yes, it's working fine. It's cooking making about 60 hours worth of proxies right now.

No, MYSql isn't set to do anything but run at startup. That's about all I know about anyway. I run backups of the CatDV database manually, and store them on a Transporter Drive folder, so they're backed up in multiple places, including a mirrored Transporter at my house.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]