FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wrong Schema on clean install

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Harriss
Wrong Schema on clean install
on Nov 27, 2014 at 5:24:19 am

Ok, so I'm moving the workgroup server off a PC and back onto a Mac Pro, the reverse of the process of a couple of years ago. This is on 10.9.5. Java downloaded and installed when I ran the CatDV client for the first time. I downloaded and installed mysql-5.6.21-osx10.9-x86_64.dmg
It all went fine, but now I have an installed Schema of 3.26 and it indicates that 3.22 was expected and the server won't start. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Wrong Schema on clean install
on Nov 27, 2014 at 6:03:43 am

Ok, I fixed that by going to the next version of the server software. But then once I restored the database I had to drop back a version because the database was in 3.22. I finally got it to work.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Nov 27, 2014 at 9:16:16 am

The mismatched schema error is caused when you have a database created by one version of the server and you try and use a different version of the server to talk to it. I'm not quite sure how you ended up with a database with a newer schema than the server you were using, but the second issue - where you updated to a newer server, and then restored the database from the older server, is expected.

In that case you should have seen an "Update Database" button in the Database tab of the Control Panel. If you'd clicked that then it would have updated your existing database to the correct schema. (Or if you just click Next in the Setup Wizard it would do that automatically) You definitely didn't need to go back to the older server version.

In general it is definitely worth using the latest version of the server that your license allows, so that you get the latest bug fixes and features.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Dec 1, 2014 at 8:49:07 pm

Yeah, I figured it out, thanks. I grabbed the wrong version of workgroup server to start with. And it didn't help when I kept trying to enter the CatDV Pro serial number instead of the Workgroup serial. Sheesh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]