FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Questions before buying

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Thomas
CatDV Questions before buying
on Nov 17, 2014 at 9:06:07 pm

I have watched some previous videos on CatDV and had a few questions.

#1: Does one "CatDV Professional Edition" just give you one license for one computer or can you use it for up to three computers?

#2: This is basically what we are needing: A software that can backup hard drives and catalog them. So if we need to look in our catalog and we see a thumbnail or proxy, we can be like oh what drive is that on, and go find it. We need a software that can be updated online. For example if a new catalog is added on Machine A, it will automatically be refreshed and updated on Machine B. We will also need the catalogs to be viewed remotely via the web. How can we make this happen at minimal costs. Also is the software capable of what I am asking.

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: CatDV Questions before buying
on Nov 18, 2014 at 11:16:58 am

hi

in answer to your questions

#1 CatDV is licensed per computer so you would need 3 licenses to run it on 3 computers

#2 CatDV server allows collaborative workflow across multiple computers and has a web server so can present catalogs to your intranet / the internet so i think to fit your needs a catdv workgroup server with web client and 3 CatDV prl clients would work well

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Nick Gold
Re: CatDV Questions before buying
on Jan 6, 2015 at 4:18:38 pm

I believe Workgroup does not allow for Web Clients, at least in the past you had to be on Enterprise for Web Clients to be an option.

There are bundles, but you probably should look at the smallest possible CatDV Enterprise setup, and smallest possible web client license. The desktop "Enterprise" seats are licensed per machine, but Web Clients are licensed based on how many people are logged in via the web server at a single moment. So you maybe can go with the smallest option there as well.

You're really probably going to need an experience CatDV integrator to stand all of this up for you, including the hardware to run it on. Just FYI, the solution you're talking about is going to be at least $15K plus integration services, possibly more, so be aware of that going into it.

If you're interested in talking to an integrator that has been working with CatDV and knows it extremely well, my company Chesapeake Systems is one such option. You can reach me at the below info:

Nick Gold
CRO & Solutions Consultant
Chesapeake Systems
nick(at)chesa.com
410-400-8932

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]