FORUMS: list search recent posts

Production Groups

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Mason
Production Groups
on Nov 12, 2014 at 5:42:21 pm

Hello all,

Recently we decided to separate our content verticals into several different production groups. In the neat future this type of organizational structure will be essential to our production workflow. However, 10 to 15 people within the office will need constant access to these production groups (editors and various others). Most of our office is still currently using version 10 while I'm using version 11 (upgrading everyone in the next week).

After creating these groups we are experiencing debilitating load times when saving and making changes within CatDV. I've cleaned up picklists and that seemed to help log on times drastically, but it had no effect on other processes.

Is there a way to optimize our system to allow for this type of workflow? Are there changes I can make to the production group settings? Are there changes that can be made to the sql server?

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Justin
POPSUGAR STUDIOS

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: Production Groups
on Nov 12, 2014 at 7:00:29 pm

Adding more Production Groups should definitely not slow things down, so it sounds like something has gone a bit wrong.

If you would like to raise a support ticket by emailing support@squarebox.com we'll have a look at it. Ideally we would ask you to restart the server and the client, then log in, or perform some other action that seems slow, then attach both the server and client log files (accessible in CatDV client in Help -> Error Log -> Save Log Files and on the Server in the Server Control Panel -> Server Log -> Save Log Files) to an email and send it to us.

John

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Nov 12, 2014 at 8:55:23 pm

John, this is one of the clients that I spoke to you about that was having slow-down issues with MySQL on a Windows server. We resolved the other client's issues by integrating an Linux MySQL setup on a VM.

Justin's company is currently trying to "go it alone" without dealer support. I know it's not exactly a "CatDV support" issue, but any guidance you could provide him would be hugely appreciated while the higher-ups work out who will provide on-going support on the ground.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Justin Mason
on Nov 12, 2014 at 9:02:40 pm

Thank you everyone for your response. My systems admin will be back tomorrow and will be able to provide our logs and send in the support ticket.

-Justin

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Nov 13, 2014 at 12:11:38 am

One quick thing that can help with MySQL performance is to run OPTIMIZE TABLE on all the CatDV tables (http://www.squarebox.com/optimizing-tables-mysql/). Worth a try.

Return to posts index

Shane French
on Nov 22, 2014 at 4:25:51 am

Do you have any more info on this MySQL issue? Here's my issue:

For reference, on a deal xeon with OS/db on SSD's, 128GB RAM, nothing else on machine.

We demoed CatDV Enterprise Server earlier in the year (I'm guessing 6.8) with a 10.x clients. db performance was fine.

So, recently we purchased based on that. We're now on Enterprise Server 6.9 and 11.1 client.

I figured I would wipe server, do a fresh OS install, new db and start from scratch.

But operations like creating catalogs, etc. are slow. Can take 10 seconds. I'm no tin front of the box now, but it gives something like "operation in progress" or something (I forget the exact term).

I'm wondering if this could be related? I haven't tried to extensively troubleshoot yet. Will hopefully work more this weekend.

I haven't

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Nov 22, 2014 at 12:15:17 pm

Can I ask you to raise a support ticket by emailing support@squarebox.com and we will look into this for you.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:25:26 pm

If you need a short term solution (and actually a pretty good long term one too) just set up MySQL on a linux VM on that box and you'll get the speed you expect.

That'll get you rolling in the meantime and if you want to go back later, you can just migrate your db to the Windows MySQL instance when it's sorted.

We've done this for a couple of clients.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]