FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shared Smart Folders - Revised

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Mason
Shared Smart Folders - Revised
on Oct 20, 2014 at 11:24:18 pm

Ok, I think I now know how to ask this question now.

Is there a way to specify which Shared Smart Folders are visible based on Production Group?

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: Shared Smart Folders - Revised
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:35:08 am

Each Shared Folder belongs to a single Production Groups, so each user will only see the Smart Folders that are in the Production Groups that they are a member of (plus ones they created themselves and ones in the Public (Anonymous)) group.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:38:21 pm

Thanks John, that answers a question that I've had for a while myself about the Anonymous Group.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Justin Mason
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:00:33 pm

Ahh ok. I've been thinking about this all wrong. Its not necessarily the production group you sign into but the production group(s) assigned to that user?

I've created two different production groups but when I sign into either one I still see all of our shared smart folders.

So would it then be wise to create generic log-ins based on production group?

Note: Basically what we're trying to accomplish is creating different production groups based on different types of content (TV Series, Branded Content, Web Series, etc). The producers want to easily view Smart Folders but only the ones referring to the type of content they produce or manage.

Am I on the right track then?

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Oct 22, 2014 at 12:19:02 pm

I don't think it's, in general, a good idea to create generic user accounts, as it defeats auditing. Generally people should only be a member of production groups that they work on, and therefore they'll only see the smart folders that are relevant to them (although, I admit, it is true that, when logged into a particular group, they will see folders defined in their other groups, but still only ones that they work in).

Return to posts index

Justin Mason
on Oct 22, 2014 at 4:15:11 pm

Thanks John, this info is very helpful. The purpose of the inquiry was to attempt to organize the Shared Smart folders into Sub-Categories to make them more organized and easier for our producers to look through (they are requesting dozens of these smart folders).

Do you know if CatDV 11 allows these Smart Folders to be divided into several Sub-Categories or Folders?

-Justin

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Oct 22, 2014 at 6:36:03 pm

If the smartfolder's name contains a slash it will be treated like a path and the folders will be displayed in tree in CatDV.

Return to posts index

Justin Mason
on Oct 22, 2014 at 11:12:59 pm

That is exactly what I needed. Thank John you're my hero today.

-Justin

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Oct 31, 2014 at 3:29:18 pm

Sorry for popping in here but it is a related issue.

Does anyone know if is it possible to have Web Client smart folders as 'smart' and advanced as in CatDV client?

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]