FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scanning For Disconnected Media

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kean Szczur
Scanning For Disconnected Media
on Oct 14, 2014 at 6:32:02 am

Hey,

Currently using CatDV as a cataloging system for our mastered mov files, I have thousands of .movs and I am beginning to see sporadically that some files are offline/ not connected. Basically I would like to know if there is a function within cat that allows me to search and reveal exactly how many files are disconnected and what the names of those files are. Going through and clicking each one individually is somewhat tedious :/.

Cheers,
kean

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Scanning For Disconnected Media
on Oct 16, 2014 at 4:40:53 pm

This is not available as the nature of CatDV Pro is that the client can be run on a system without the storage mounted. (One of its benefits if you need to give people access to proxy and not the high res.)

If someone using CatDV Pro on a laptop out of your building "scanned" of course it would see everything as offline. This would terrify many users and could also create a ton of traffic for a storage system so this "feature" would have to be seriously restricted to admin users, in my opinion.

We, at North Shore, have been discussing the idea of creating a "checker" app that would scan the db and check the paths. This is best done by a Worker automation since; 1. It would take forever for a large system, and 2. It needs a very fixed location and mounted storage in order to work.

If you unmount your proxy storage, you will instantly see what files are online and offline, but that is not an automated process.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]