FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV 11 Playback issues

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Schaap
CatDV 11 Playback issues
on Oct 7, 2014 at 5:26:35 pm

Test driving CatDV 11 on a PC editing workstation, Windows 7, 64-bit. CatDV Server environment with networked RAID.

As an aside, I think it Squarebox should make it blatantly clear somewhere that to get the CatDV 64-bit running you have to manually install the 64-bit version of Java. That got me and it took a while to figure it out. Maybe that is made plain somewhere but I didn't see it.

But to my problem: Nothing plays back. I just get an error after 5 seconds or so that says:

Failed to open movie:
"\\.\pipe\1412701576385.out (All pipe instances are busy)"

Doesn't matter what type of file I try and play... ProRes, MP4, MTS, whatever.

In Preferences I have my "Use Proxies:" option set to "Force (prefer over orginal)" for reasons probably not worth explaining. When I turn that off and set it to "If original movie not available" then I get this error when I try and play anything back:

"Failed to open movie (Relaunch too soon)"

After which the play button that appears over the thumbnail disappears. If I click the thumb again I get the first error message (Failed to open..) again.

CatDV can show me where the original and proxy files are so I know that it's not a connection issue. No clue on how to solve this.

Return to posts index

Dave Clack
Re: CatDV 11 Playback issues
on Oct 9, 2014 at 11:44:16 am

HI Jeff, can you raise a support case at support@squarebox.com please, and the team will investigate.

Thank you

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]