FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV 11 and Avid Integration

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
CatDV 11 and Avid Integration
on Sep 11, 2014 at 1:59:49 pm

I noticed in the CatDV Pro v11 release announcement there is no mention of Avid integration even though it was being promoted at NAB. It's one of the prime reasons we invested in a system a few years ago. Since then we have had numerous issues with the Avid integration and were hoping that v11 would finally have fixed all the issues. Has the Avid AAF integration been dropped?

Lee

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: CatDV 11 and Avid Integration
on Sep 11, 2014 at 2:46:40 pm

We too are waiting, I know Avid integration is a big part of Pegasus. Maybe it's only there to push us into the more expensive option.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on Sep 11, 2014 at 4:04:36 pm

In order to have the AAF functionality you will need Pegasus version of CatDV.

Here is a brief announcement.
http://www.squarebox.com/announcing-catdv-pegasus-client/

Here is a link to the limitations and notice additional links on the side bar.
http://www.squarebox.com/pegasus-avid-workflow-known-limitations/

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Sep 11, 2014 at 6:22:06 pm
Last Edited By Lee Warner on Sep 11, 2014 at 6:31:21 pm

Sorry...I should have said Pegasus not CatDV. We upgraded to Pegasus last year and ran into many issues with the Avid integration. Possibly I assumed incorrectly that Pegasus was at v11 at the same time that CatDV Pro was.

(edit)
I just checked the Squarebox website and indeed Pegasus is still at v10.1.

Lee

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Sep 12, 2014 at 8:35:08 am

hi Lee

Pegasus has been in constant development since its release - have you tried the latest version and are you still experiencing problems working between pegasus and avid , if so please could you raise a support ticket by emailing a description of your issues to support@squarebox.com

Pegasus 11 and CatDV 11 are currently in beta due for production release around Q4, some features previously available in Pegasus such as label printing will be available in CatDV pro 11 but avid integration will remain in Pegasus only

Thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Sep 12, 2014 at 1:48:22 pm

Dougal,

I have had numerous dealings with Squarebox support regarding failings of the Avid intergration to work with three of the major codecs we are currently ingesting into Avid MC7. XDCAMHD, XDCAMEX and Canon XF. After several test files were sent I received this reply from Squarebox on March 13, 2014.

"Currently we have been unable to get the XDCAM HD/Canon XF Media relinking working with Avid. It is on our list for future development but unfortunately will not be included in the next release of Pegasus. It is planned to be fixed and included in a future release.
Avid seem to have changed the way in which XDCAM HD media and Canon XF media are relinked in 7.03.

We will continue to work on this and let you know when we are ready to test further."

I have not heard anything further regarding this matter from Squarebox support.

At NAB 2014 our Director of Engineering was promised free upgrades to v11 due to our ongoing issues.

In a moment of frustration I even sent an email to Dave Clack on May 3, 2014 which was unanswered.

I am using Pegasus v10.1.1

Lee

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Sep 12, 2014 at 4:16:20 pm

Hi Lee

I've spoken with Dave and Lee, Squarebox CEO and Catdv Product Manager respectively and I've messaged you direct to set up a conference call to try to resolve your issues.

speak soon

Thanks Dougal

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:16:32 pm

Dougal,

I haven't gotten an email from you as of yet to set up the conference call. Please use the bellmedia address that Squarebox should have.

Lee

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:11:49 am

hi Lee

we're now confirmed for the conference call at the time you suggested

thank you Dougal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved