FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Grouping

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Mason
Automatic Grouping
on Sep 5, 2014 at 8:28:29 pm

Hello all!

Here's the skinny. We are currently using CatDV enterprise 10. We produce a variety of content, including our TV show. This show and all its assets and associated media total between 300-500 individual assets (footage, stills, gfx etc).

When viewing a catalog for one of our episodes I would like to be able to easily use universal automatic grouping settings, but I want to completely customize what is listed under automatic grouping. I basically only want to show items grouped by asset type. Having all other auto grouped categories will be confusing for our producers and other team members.

Are there ways to create smart folders that everyone can use (universal) that only filter assets in the currently open a catalog?

There are very few resources on the subject.

I'm trying to keep from having to use a deep, deep folder structure/hierarchy. Again, I think it will get confusing for some. Although the folder structure seems to be the only way to accurately filter assets with the web client. Can smart folders and auto grouping be applied to the web client as well? Again, only filtering an individual catalog?

There's a lot here, sorry.

Thank you everyone in advance.

-Justin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]