FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating paths for Proxies with CatDV Worker and Episode

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Rose
Creating paths for Proxies with CatDV Worker and Episode
on Sep 3, 2014 at 8:38:51 pm

I’ve gotten Worker to send the proxy creation off to Episode, but I’m having some trouble getting the proxy output where I need it to be.

When worker is creating the proxy and I "build proxy in '/Volumes/etc' " it creates the same path in the proxy volume as the original file. Ideally, worker would duplicate the original file path on my Proxy volume and then send the file to be transcoded and deployed to the correct folder using Episode.

The part I’m stuck on is getting the worker to create a duplicate path on the proxy volume so that the proxy can be placed there when Episode is finished creating it and maintain our proxy mapping.

Any suggestions? I appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Creating paths for Proxies with CatDV Worker and Episode
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:14:31 pm

Tim, we should bring this up here to save others time and energy.

There is a conflict between the way CatDV Worker Node sends paths as arguments to the Episode Command Line. Which of course you would need in order to send the destination path for the proxy file.

Specifically, if you have to escape a space, that will not send successfully to Episode as the syntax is incorrect.

If you need to use these products together and have spaces in any of your media paths (most folks do) you need to take the command out into the shell, correct the syntax and send it from your own shell script.

Know that if you intend to do this, you or your integrator will need a bit of shell scripting experience.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]